Monday, July 7, 2014

"Hope for a Sea Change" by Elizabeth Aquino

My friend, the very talented writer Elizabeth Aquino of the blog "A Moon, Worn as if it Had Been a Shell," has written a gorgeous new memoir called  
"Hope for a Sea Change."
 
 It's available in eBook form for only $2.99 from
Amazon.com and
SheBooks.
I hope you will follow one of these links and order a copy. You can read it in one sitting, and I'll bet you will, because you won't want to put it down. Elizabeth's writing is gorgeous, and her story will give you a glimpse into what life is like for an intelligent, energetic, witty, loving, creative, dedicated woman when she is faced with the sudden onset of a mysterious illness in her precious first child.

Elizabeth's writing is insightful, honest, clear, and yet filled with feeling. Her descriptions of life with a critical illness in the family - of adjusting, coping, and seeking help from "the best of the best" - are gripping, intense and luminous. I could feel her hope, discouragement, wonder, exhaustion and dark humor as she tells Sophie's story. The only downside of this memoir is that I wish it was longer.

One of the bonds which we share is the birth date of our only daughters. Sophie and Katie were born on the same day, in the same year. Though I have never met Sophie, I was fortunate to be able to meet Elizabeth in Victoria, B.C. last year when she was on a respite break, provided to her by Caregifted. Elizabeth's voice and sensibility is a gift in my life, and I know that it will be in yours, once you dip into her beautiful prose.
That's Elizabeth on the right, across from Kim of the "Art in Red Wagons" blog
Elizabeth's writing and friendship have been lights on my path since I met her in the blogisphere. I recommend you visit her blog, as well as download her memoir. If you are anything like me, they will leave you you wanting to read more. I can't wait until she finishes and publishes the long version - but please, don't wait! Order your copy today. It costs less than a latte, and its impact will be far more lasting and beneficial to you than a rush of caffeine.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Ordered!

Elizabeth said...

Thank you so much, Karen, for your awesome generosity. I miss you -- I hope we can meet again soon and talk for hours!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I recall reading her blog at one time and yes, she is a beautifully gifted writer.
Going to check out the links. Isn't the blogosphere a wonderful place to meet like minded-lovely friends?
XO